You might not even know it, but you probably have gum disease. 3 out of 4 people do! But, the good news is that it is easily treatable, especially when caught in its early stages. Lakeview Dental can help you get a happy, healthy mouth with simple treatments such as frequent cleanings and antibiotics.
You might ask: if you don’t even know you have gum disease then why should you treat it? Dr. Heizer hopes this post helps clear up how serious periodontal (gum) disease can be, and gives you at least five good reasons to come in for a gum disease consultation. Call our Granbury office today to make your appointment!
1) Get more energy – Periodontal disease is an infection of your gums by the bacteria in your mouth. And like any infection, your immune system will try to fight it. You know how when you get a cold you just want to sleep all day? Your body feels the same way when it’s fighting gum disease. Who knows, treat your gum disease and you might find yourself wanting to run a marathon!
2) Have better smelling breath – If you have had untreated periodontal disease for a while, it has most likely developed pockets of puss in your gums. This sounds gross, but you might not even notice it. What you probably have noticed is a bad taste in your mouth or bad smell to your breath. Treat your gum disease and you’ll be able to keep your mouth minty fresh!
3) Hold on to your teeth – Gum disease is the number one reason people lose their teeth. Not old age, not cavities, not black market teeth pirates. Don’t you want to keep your teeth?
4) Keep your baby healthy – Gum disease in mothers has been linked to a variety of problems for newborns, from premature birth to low birth weight. Studies also show that it may take longer for women with periodontal disease to even get pregnant in the first place. If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, make sure to talk to Dr. Heizer about ensuring the optimal health for your baby.
5) Get a healthy, beautiful smile – Gum disease can even affect the way your smile looks, because it often turns your gums red and puffy. Besides all that though, it can be painful or uncomfortable to deal with. We want all of our patients to have beautiful and healthy smile that they can be proud of. Contact Lakeview Dental today to make an appointment and take the first step towards treating your gum disease!